- When fiddling with TIBCO Software, use an OpenSUSE virtual machine, it hurts less.
- Oracle XE is very handy for fiddling with TIBCO software - Here's a great web page explaining how to set it up on OpenSUSE - http://forums.opensuse.org/install-boot-login/414654-how-install-oraclexe-opensuse-11-1-a.html
- Give your VM about 2GB RAM, or more.
- Create a different Unix user for each 'build' (ActiveMatrix v2 suite, ActiveMatrix v3 suite, BusinessWorks/Administrator suite, etc.). Don't let them read/write to each other's files, ever.
- Do not install gcj, OpenJDK, or anything remotely like Java and not made by Sun and/or Oracle.
Thursday, February 03, 2011
- ▼ 2011 (7)